- Mitsubishi Electric E-WASTE Management Program
- Collection Storage and Disposal of E-WASTE
- Details of incentive scheme for returning of E-WASTE by consumers/bulk consumers
- E-WASTE Management Helplines
- Do's & Dont's of E-WASTE Recycling
- Hazards of improper handling and/or improper recycling of electronic waste
- Negative consequences of improper disposal of E-WASTE product
'Eco Changes' represents Mitsubishi Electric's stance on environmental management and the commitment to continuously strive for the greener tomorrow through cutting-edge global environment technologies and the organization's unique strengths in manufacturing.
We consider minimizing our negative impact on the environment as one of our top management priorities. Our business activities achieve this through technology and action. Supporting these efforts is a culture that encourages each Mitsubishi Electric's group employee to proactively instigate positive changes and create real improvements in products, systems and services and recycling.
The continuous improvement of our products and services focuses on size and weight reduction, high performance, resource saving and energy efficiency. This is the line with the corporate statement, "Changes for the Better" which result reflects our perpetual drive to actively seek out and enact improvement.
'Eco Changes' also represents the efforts to join forces with customers to change the global environment for the better. Our ultimate aim is to improve the quality of people's live while making positive contributions to the environment.
Mitsubishi Electric E-WASTE Management Program
Under the new guidelines of the Central Government of India, E-WASTE (Management) Rules 2016 have been notified. Mitsubishi Electric India Pvt. Ltd. (Company) as an Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) stands committed to implement new E-WASTE (Management) Rules 2016 and compliance thereof. E-WASTE has been defined as:
"Waste electrical and electronic equipment, whole or in part discarded as waste by the Consumer or bulk Consumer as well as rejects from their manufacturing, refurbishment and repair processes".
Managing of E-WASTE is most important because it consists of harmful substances which can bring adverse effects to the environment as well as human life. By scientific disposal of E-WASTE we can save our environment and also prevent its potential negative consequences on human health. E-WASTE can also be considered as a resource that contains useful material of economic benefit for recovery of plastics, iron, glass, aluminum, copper and precious metals such as silver, gold, platinum, and palladium and lead, cadmium, mercury etc.
Collection Storage and Disposal of E-WASTE
To facilitate & ease our Customers to dispose off E-WASTE products, Dealers / Distributors / Customers can get all details of company process on collection & disposal of E-WASTE product (i.e. ‘Mitsubishi Electric’ make Air Conditioner / Printers ) on Company website (www.MitsubishiElectric.in) and / or Toll free number 1800 102 2626.
Process of collection, storage & recycling
The company has tied-up with Govt. authorized E-WASTE recycler namely E-Parisaraa Pvt. Ltd for facilitating the customers on PAN India Basis to collect E-WASTE product of the company (‘Mitsubishi Electric’ make Air Conditioner / Printers) from any location within India for further storage & recycling. For this purpose, Customer shall follow the following process:
- Place their request on Company Toll free number 1800 102 2626 to collect only ‘Mitsubishi Electric’ make Room Air Conditioner / Printers as E-WASTE and against which company shall generate & provide the request ID to Customer. The Company will not obliged and accede the request of any Customer for collection of other Companies make Air Conditioner / Printers as E-WASTE.
- The Company shall place the above request online to their authorized E-WASTE recycler E-parisaraa to process the E-WASTE collection from Customer designated location.
- E-Parisaraa shall arrange to collect the E-WASTE from the Customer designated location through its transporter within the schedule time.
- After collection from specified location, E-Parisaraa shall store the E-WASTE at its local warehouse and consolidate all E-WASTE for dismantle at its main warehouse through a proper process & system.
- After dismantling, E-Parisaraa shall provide the certificate of Recycling & destruction to the Customer for their record.
Details of incentive scheme for returning of E-WASTE by consumers/bulk consumers
To keep high and persist the momentum of consumer for disposal of E-WASTE through proper system and further appreciate the initiatives of Consumer / Bulk Consumer to ensure environmentally sound management of E-WASTE, Company will provide a discount @ 10% on MRP as an incentive whereby respective Customer shall get a discount against purchase of ‘Mitsubishi Electric’ make Room Air conditioner / Printers from authorized Dealers / Distributors / resellers of Company by handing over the letter received from the Company. The Discount shall be available only against purchase of one Room Air Conditioner / Printers.
The Company shall provide the discount coupon in the following manner:
- The Company on receipt of confirmation from E-WASTE recycler towards collection of E-WASTE from Customer location shall deliver the appreciation letter to customer with company incentive offer.
- Company shall deliver the discount coupon at the registered address of customer within the timeframe of 7-10 days.
- Customer can use this coupon and avail the discount while he / she may purchase ‘Mitsubishi Electric’ make Air conditioner / Printers from Authorized Dealers / Distributors of Company and the validity of discount coupon is for a period of 3 months from the date of issue.
- Customer can get location/ state/ area wise list of Authorized Dealer / Distributors by visiting our website(www.mitsubishielectric.in)
In case the Customer intends to exchange the existing E-WASTE EEE (i.e. ‘Mitsubishi Electric’ make Room Air conditioner / Printers) of company and wish to purchase the new Mitsubishi Electric make Air conditioner / Printers, he / she may get a discount @ 10% on MRP through our Authorized Dealers / Distributors.
E-WASTE Management Helplines
Mitsubishi Electric India Helpline
Toll free number 1800 102 2626
Do's & Dont's of E-WASTE Recycling
|Give the discarded Electronic Equipment only at the authorized collection centers so that the same can be properly recycled||Don’t dump the discarded Electronic Equipment in open or in any Land Fill Site as the same will result in contaminating the Soil and the ground water|
|Tell your neighbours and other persons about the hazards of improper disposal or handling or improper recycling of the Electronic Waste||Don’t dispose of the discarded Electronic Equipment in household bins, Municipal Bins or mix into household waste stream.|
|Drop the discarded Electronic Equipment only in the bins meant for the Electronic Waste||Don’t sell or give your discarded Electronic Equipment to any Trash Dealer or Kabadiwala|
|Ask the retailer about the Take Back schemes||To minimize our impact on the earth and to protect the environment for future generations return your discarded Electronic Equipment here for safe recycling:|
|Consult the authorized service centre as to whether the Electronic Equipment can be repaired or not, before discarding the same||Recycling Electronic Equipment helps to save natural finite resources and also reduces the environmental and health risks associated with improper handling/disposing the Electronic Waste|
|If the unwanted Electronic Equipment still work or can be repaired then consider donating them||The product should not be opened by the User himself/herself, but only by authorized service personnel.|
Hazards of improper handling and/or improper recycling of electronic waste
Electronic equipment contains many hazardous metallic contaminants such as lead, cadmium, and beryllium and brominated flame-retardants. The improper handling and/or improper recycling of the Electronic Waste results in these hazardous metals/substances getting released into our eco and biological system, thereby leading to various health hazards.
The Hazardous contents in the electronic equipment include:
- Brominated Flame Retardants
- Carbon Black
Without safe recycling, most of these toxic components will end up in land fill - poisoning the soil and water.
Under the E-WASTE (Management) Rules, 2016, it is necessary for the E-WASTE to be properly channelized till the stage of its recycling and final disposal. Hence, it is imperative that the electrical and electronic equipment that are rendered useless on account of the end of its life or any accidental breakage or damage, is disposed off in a manner that is not detrimental to the conservation of the environment and does not cause any health hazard to any living beings. With a view to attain this objective, certain responsibilities have to be borne by all the concerned stakeholders including the producer, dealer, dismantler, recycler and also the consumer, involved in the production, use and disposal of the electronic equipment.
Please be aware that you are a responsible consumer under the E-WASTE rules. Kindly take note of the symbol below which connotes that you should not dump any of the electrical and electronic equipment including air-conditioners in garbage bins, neither should you dispose off the same through any scrap dealers.
There is need to encourage recycling of all useful and valuable material from E-WASTE so as to conserve the ever depleting natural resources. Recycling end-of-life products is vital if we are to save resources and minimize waste.
- The service is available as per conditions applicable in the respective area by recyclers.
- MEI reserves the right to change the terms of the recycling scheme at any time.
- This scheme is applicable only for collection of e-waste ’Mitsubishi Electric’ Room Air Conditioners / Printers.
- This Scheme is not generally available for Packaged Air Conditioner and Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF).
Negative consequences of improper disposal of E-WASTE product
- Toxic material present in E-WASTE get mixed with earth, air, water etc and causes health issues.
- Oil & Gases which is present is some of E-WASTE like compressor and CRT causes environment pollution.
- Burning of rubber & Plastic in open area causes air pollution.
- Bad impact on human being, animal, and other animates.
- Wastage of natural resources.
Distributors / customers are urged to strictly adhere to the guidelines as per E-WASTE rules as any failure or contravention will attract penal action under Environment (Protection) Act 1986, which provides for imprisonment upto 5 years or with fine upto Rs. 1 Lac or both.
This initiative is the step towards a cleaner and greener earth. This move is one of the ways to show that we are concerned and thus we request all our customers to join this movement to make it successful by way of contributing their end-of-life product
The E-WASTE product should be handed over only to authorized recycler for disposal. In this regard, MEI has tied-up with an authorized E-WASTE recycler namely E-Parisaraa Pvt. Ltd for facilitating our customers on PAN India Basis to enable them to dispose off E-WASTE products after its end-of-life.