Mitsubishi Electric to Launch NEXIEZ-LITE Elevators in India
New model targets low- and mid-rise buildings
TOKYO, April 8, 2014 - Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO: 6503) announced today the Indian-market launch of NEXIEZ-LITE, a new lineup in the company's NEXIEZ global series of elevators, for low- and mid-rise residential and office buildings beginning April 14. Annual sales of 1,000 units are targeted by 2016.
Standardized functions and specifications for India
- Basic features suitable for low- and mid-rise buildings in India, helping to reduce lead-time while strengthening price competitiveness.
- Mitsubishi Emergency Landing Device (MELD)* and safety functions such as Multi-beam Door Sensor** are standard-equipped.
- Three types of car designs** matched to architectural designs and colors suited to Indian tastes.
- Gearless traction machine using a permanent magnetic motor reduces power consumption by 20% compared to inverter-controlled worm traction machines.
- LEDs for car lighting reduce power consumption by 75% compared to traditional incandescent bulbs.
* Mitsubishi Emergency Landing Device (MELD)
In the event that passengers become trapped in a car due to a power failure, etc., MELD automatically checks the elevator status and then moves the car to the nearest floor using its rechargeable battery.
** Multi-beam Door Sensor
As the elevator doors close, a sensor uses multiple infrared beams to monitor the entire doorway. If any passenger/object entering/exiting the car is detected, the doors open immediately.
*** Car designs
Three newly designed car ceilings blend harmoniously with Indian architectural designs.
Other NEXIEZ-LITE features
|Capacity (Persons)||544 to 1,020 kg (8 to 15)|
|Speeds||60 meters, or 105 meters, per minute|
|Price||By quote for each order|
In India, where the demand for low- and mid-rise residential and office buildings is increasing in line with economic growth and rapidly urbanizing cities, the demand for elevators and escalators has been expanding, especially for low-price, safe and comfortable models. Mitsubishi Electric Corporation established Mitsubishi Elevator ETA India Pvt. Ltd. to develop and market elevators and escalators in India in August 2012. The company is now focusing on rapid development of innovative products suited to the needs of Indian customers. Mitsubishi Elevator ETA India will soon launch a lineup of elevators that deliver basic features carefully selected from the platform designs of Mitsubishi Electric's NEXIEZ global series of elevators. By shortening lead-time and reducing costs with these new elevators, the company is confident that it will be able to expand sales in the Indian market.